nightjar

Default FULL BUILDING REVEALS NASTY SUPRISES - WANT NEGOTIATION - ADVICE NEEDED

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Richard Faulkner wrote:
snip
The surveyors job with this type of survey is to find every tiny thing
which might be wrong with the house, make it sound serious enough to
make sure that you could not have missed it, and pass the buck to other
agencies where possible.

Is it generally possible to hire a surveyor, on the condition that you
want to walk round with him, and have him explain faults, so you
can discuss, rather than just getting a report?

That is exactly what the buyer of a house I am selling did. He walked around
with the two of us and explained what problems there could be from bits he
could see. It was not intended as a full survey and did not produce a
report, but rather a letter emphasising salient points. Fortunately, the
need for a complete new roof (also mentioned in our buyer's survey of 1981)
did not put her off.

Colin Bignell