Richard Faulkner

Default FULL BUILDING REVEALS NASTY SUPRISES - WANT NEGOTIATION - ADVICE NEEDED

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
Richard Faulkner wrote:
snip
The surveyors job with this type of survey is to find every tiny thing
which might be wrong with the house, make it sound serious enough to
make sure that you could not have missed it, and pass the buck to other
agencies where possible.

Is it generally possible to hire a surveyor, on the condition that you
want to walk round with him, and have him explain faults, so you
can discuss, rather than just getting a report?

In my experience, they would definitely rather that you werent there.
Mainly because they would get drawn into discussions which would add
substantially to the time taken for the survey.

I think if you wanted to do this, and get a surveyor motivated to do it,
(rather than hacked off), you should discuss it up front, and offer to
pay for any extra time it might take.

--
Richard Faulkner