Dave Plowman (News)

Default FULL BUILDING REVEALS NASTY SUPRISES - WANT NEGOTIATION - ADVICE NEEDED

In article ,
nightjar wrote:
Structure Movement to the rear elevations and side elevation to the
back addition has shows existing and current cracking 'require
strucutral engineer'

A lot of Victorian houses in London will have cracking from WW2 bomb
damage. If he is right about the cracking being current, then this is
potentially a serious problem. However, a surveyor will almost always
describe cracking as existing and current, because it covers him if it
turns out he mistook subsidence for bomb damage. This is one area where
you do need to do some more investigation.

Yes. A quick look by a surveyor can't possibly say whether it's current or
old movement. Cracks are common on this sort of build.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.