Dave Plowman (News)

Default FULL BUILDING REVEALS NASTY SUPRISES - WANT NEGOTIATION - ADVICE NEEDED

In article ,
David Phillip wrote:
I'm a first time buyer, buying a property (Victorian End-of terrace 3
bedroom / 2 stories house) in London (Leyton - East London).

I saw the house for £250k - put down the full asking price, had the
full building survey done which revealed some nasty suprises. The full
building report raised the issue of current cracking/old cracking on
the extension part of the Victorian property and I required a
structual engineer.

snip

Most of these issues are common on a Victorian property - especially one
which has had little or poor maintenance. It's over 100 years old, so
you'd expect some things to need attention.

It all comes down to price. Which seems cheap to me for a 3 bed end of
terrace - or certainly would be in this part of London. Get a few
independant valuations and decide whether it's worth it or not. At the end
of the day, that's all you can do. You can't force the seller to reduce
the price - although there's no harm in trying.

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.