Rick

Default putting feet on mill?

I am finally too embarrassed with the 2x6 wood pieces my Shizuoka B-3V bedmill
has been resting on since it was delivered...oh, only two years ago! :-o

I have 4 feet that came with the mill, each is a steel cup thing with a hard
rubbery insert. The steel cup is threaded for a 5/8" bolt. The mill has these
~1.25" threaded studs with a through hole for the 5/8" bolt. I am assuming you
turn the studs to level the machine and the 5/8" bolt is just to keep the mill
from slipping off the feet?

Ok, so uhm, how do I raise the 3.5 ton mill to get the feet on? I see a way to
do it by going back and forth with shims and the leveling studs, but uhg...

Also, once the feet are on, what procedure should I use to level the machine. I
read somewhere that you can tweak the feet on a mill to get that last little bit
of accuracy. Should I worry about that or just get the machine level with the
earth?

Thanks

Rick