Barry S.

Default TV RF Section Failure?

On 11 Aug 2004 14:09:32 GMT, ospam (RonKZ650) wrote:

Post at least the chassis (CTC) number, we surmise you may have one of the
sets with the notorious on board tuner that requires service but can not be
sure without the chassis number, or the model number.

By the picture it's a CTC176 probably.

You are correct.. CTC176F2

You need to take the shield off the
bottom of the tuner, carefully resolder all the bad connections around the
edges and on the grounds in the center. Also the small IC that stands
vertically CXA1594L or RCA 215532 is probably bad.

How do I get the shield off the bottom? Desolder, remove, and then go
about taking it off?

Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
N37.3 W122.0