Tracey

Default Low-voltage house wiring from hell

"RSMEINER" wrote in message
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.
We found a master board with a ton of buttons on it behind the
curtins in the master bedroom. None of the buttons are marked
of course so it will be trial and error to figure out what is what.

Figuring out what button is for which light is much easier if you have a
small child handy. You stand there and push buttons and have small child
run from room to room to see what has turned on or off.

It took me forever to figure out which button was which on other master
panel. When we figured out what was what, I took an index card and made a
diagram of the panel and wrote above the area of each button what lights
were controlled by that button. I then put the index card on the wall above
the panel. Eventually you won't need it anymore, but we still have it on
the wall for when other people are here - somehow they like to be able to
turn the lights on and off without assistance G