Rob

Default Idiot's guide to plumbing in a washing machine

"zzzzara" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm about to replace my aged washer/dryer and was hoping to do the
plumbing myself, but don't have the first idea how to go about it.
Does anyone know of an idiot-proof guide, either on the web or in a
book? (Google seems to have failed me...)

thanks!

I was going to state that anyone who needed a guide to unscrew and rescrew
to grips probably couldn't use google (sorry)...but ...then I remembered how
my wife an I bought our first washing machine/ Dryer.

When we set-up a house together we had the usual (extremely expensive)
outlay of sofa/ bed/ etc.. etc... to buy.

Then my PA at work stated that she had just bought a new washer/ dryer as
the one she had (Miele - 4 months old) would leave clothes all wrinkled
after the rinse cycle and were a 'b@st@rd" to iron - her words, not mine
(and she was in her 60's!).

I asked how much she wanted and she said I could have it for 80 quid (600
new) - bargain - as long as I picked it up - I said okay on the spot! -
BTW: I didn't really care about the creasing issue - as my wife does the
ironing ;=)

When I went to collect it, I saw that the water feeds had been swapped
around!!! - so she was rinsing in 60o+ water - no wonder the clothes were
creased! - I pointed this out and said that was all she needed to do was
swap these around - but she (and her husband) said the new machine was
coming the day after and it didn't matter!

The machine is still going strong - without creasing clothes (7 years
later) - although for my sister-in-law now (to whom I sold it to for 200
quid after we had used it for 5 years ;-) - when my wife and I moved to
Australia.

Rob