Alex

Default De Walt Tools

wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Grunff wrote:

Tell you what though, I used a Milwaukee (sp?) the other day - looked

crap,
but felt very solid in use, I was impressed.

Don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh - seen them on US websites.
Who stockes them?

They're the badge under which Atlas-Copco are sold in the US. Some places
in the UK sell them online - you can Google as well as I can - and I have
a couple I bought for work through one such outfit. For long-term spares
supply, you may be better off buying it under the Atlas-Copco brand it's
"supposed" to be sold under in the UK - I'm not sure if the Milwaukee ones
sold here are "grey imports" which the mfr will while about warrantee

claims
for (yes I do know the claim is "really" against the seller, but if it's
been sold (a) by some Web-based outfit which closes down and reopens under
a new name every 1-2 years, (b) has been sold for "trade" rather than
"consumer" use, any Sale-of-Goods-Acts rights may prove difficult to
enforce...)

This was a car mechanic friend of mine who owned it - he certainly gave the
impression that quite a few of his colleagues used them too. I did a quick
search on google, which shows a few UK stockists.

No idea on reliability, but if I had to guess I'd say they'd be good (based
on the brief time I used it), and they seem reassuringly expensive to buy

Alex