RSMEINER

Default Low-voltage house wiring from hell

Hope it's a one-story house with open ceilings in the basement. If I was
touring the open house and saw that mess, I'd run away screaming. You won't
like this, but my recommendation is to NOT pound money down a rathole trying
to fix that rat's nest. From the more recent-looking wirenuts, several
others have already tried. Bite the bullet, and pay an electrician to rip
out all that low voltage mess, and either replace it with a modern
low-voltage system, or (probably cheaper) snake new wires to all the switch
locations, and replace with conventional wiring.

aem sends...

3 stories plus finished basement.
We are going to sell the house but not with the wiring like that.
I wouldn't do that to anyone.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner