RSMEINER

Default Low-voltage house wiring from hell

We have the same system in our house, and that photo looks very familiar.
We did find an electrician who is familiar with the low voltage system. I
would specifically suggest that you find someone who was working as an
electrician in the 60s, the apparent heydey of these monstrosities.

My father inlaw was the original builder and only owner of the house.
He was originally a plumber but belonged to this group of good old
boys from all the various trades. The electrition that did the install
was part of that group. But he died years ago. In fact, I think the
entire group of good old boys has long since passed away. But their
sons are still around and have their own group. I'm going to contact
a few of them today and see if they know of anyone.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner