Default NEFF Built-in oven

Dougie Nisbet wrote:
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:25:56 +0000, usenet wrote:

Actually if it is just the element then it may not be all that
expensive and you may be able to get it from a supplier other than
Neff (which will be cheaper).
I'll have a bit of a take it to bits session and see what I find. If it is
the element, will it be obvious? How do I test whether an element is
knacked. Will it fail a continuity test?

Yes, should measure something less than 100 ohms which most continuity
testers will see as 'continuous'.
24 ohms, 10 amps, 2.4kW
50 ohms, 5 amps, 1.2kW
(approximately, I know these figures aren't exactly right but they
give the sort of resistance figure you should expect)

Finally managed to remove the element. Boy is that oven rusty. The oven is
model GB-1057.73LHCS. The element is a circular model, two hoops. It has
stamped on it BACKER 01 99 2500W 240V.

My cheapo Radio-shack meter measures about 11 Mega ohms and the continuity
test doesn't bleep - which I'm not sure if that's what you meant by
'continuous' - it looks to be open circuit to me, which is what I'd expect
on a knacked element. The bulgy outy scabby bits around the element are
also a bit of an indicator!

Yes, that's open circuit (assuming you're measuring between the right
places of course). A 2500W 240V element should have a resistance of
just under 24 ohms.

Backer have a web site:-
http://www.backerelectric.com/

You might get some joy asking them if they'll supply you one direct.

--
Chris Green