Lance Kanaby

Default Programs for woodturning club

I got lucky, being elected program chairman for the up coming year in our small
woodturning club. After you have seen all of the local woodturners do their
thing, where do you go for programs? Any suggestions. I could just recycle
them through again, but I am afraid I will lose interest rather than generate
it. We have about one good years worth of local turners willing to demo, the
rest beg off and never share the load. What kind of programs have you enjoyed
this past year if you are in a turnig club? GCS

Why not go outside the box for your demo programs? We did this with a
brand new club two years ago and it worked great. I don't know where
you are located, but you may be able to call on some of the local
business that are associated with woodturning, woodworking, chainsaws,
abrasives, health & safety, finishes, lumber mills, tree surgeons and
such as the list really goes on. This list should keep you and your
club busy for a long time. Remember that commercial people want to
sell something, but that's OK because they give out samples too.
Lance Kanaby
Lockport Woodworkers, an AAW Chapter