HA HA Budys Here

Default Low-voltage house wiring from hell

wiring from hell
From: rap

Wow, I'm impressed.

However, you must realize that if anyone sees that, they will call
the utilities company and have them shut off your utilities.

Just be careful.

I'm careful enough to know that I'm over my head and won't touch
a thing in that mess again. I tried. It wasn't pretty.

As the house is sitting empty, I might just flip the breakers on that
mess. I actually found the breakers for it. Nice clean normal wiring
at the breaker box.

Would that mess of wiring be normal for a house built around 1960 ?
Thats just the wiring for the light switches.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

It wouldn't be common or typical, but that is about the time low-voltage
switching for residences made it's debut.

Fortunately, it never caught on. If the problem is that lights do not respond
to the switches, check the switches first. Remove them and use a jumper to
"fool" the relay to open or close. If that doesn't work, you know the problem
is with that light's relay. Those relays are readily available and they do wear
out.

As complicated as that mess looks, it's all really very simple, it's just that
there's a LOT of simple things going on in one place that makes it difficult to
understand.