L. Peter Stacey

Default Barrel Trimmer/ Pen Mill

If cost is a problem a pen can be made at home.
I silver soldered a small piece of HSS to a suitable size drill and then
ground the HSS cutter to the right angle and shape and it works well. It did
take some effort to get the correct angle but from then on it has worked
satisfactorily.
My first attempt was a failure because I fitted the blade to the side of the
drill and it did not cut close enough to the hole edge. I then refitted the
blade into the flute and all is well.
,-._|\ L. Peter Stacey
/ Oz \ Melbourne Australia
\_,--.x/

"Matt" wrote in message
I have heard some say that barrel trimmers/pen mills get dull rather
quickly. I have been using a disc sander to square up the end, but by
looking at the pictures in the catalogs (craft supplies, psi) it seems

like
a pen mill or barrel trimmer would do a nice/better job.

My dilemma is this:

1. I hear they need sharpening often
2. They are rather expensive - I want more than just 7mm. I would like

'O',
maybe others.

SNIP
Can someone with experience with these and/or disc sanders give me their

opinion?
SNIP

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (