Wes Stewart

Default Cabinet Hardware question.

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:11:14 -0400, Steve
wrote:

|I am going to be refacing my kitchen cabinets (making new cabinet doors
|and drawers). I have been on-line checking out the different types of
|drawer slides that are on the market. There is a considerable difference
|in price compared to the ball bearing drawer slides and the epoxy coated
|drawer slides.

Yes.

|My question is, is there that much of a performance difference in the
|ball bearing slides to pay the extra money? Where would be the best
|place on line to purchase my hardware?

IMHO, it depends on the loading and how long you want them to last.
Heavy loads and a couple of plastic wheels aren't compatible. In a
bathroom cabinet I'm currently working on I'm using Blum 3/4
extension, self-closing epoxy slides. Plenty good enough for a few
towels and toothbrushes. The lowest price I found was at:
http://www.scherrs.com/

For my planned kitchen remodel, I've sampled a full-extension ball
bearing *self-closing* slide (KV8417) from: http://wwhardware.com

In my mind, kitchen drawers should be self-closing so you might give
that a thought.