Andrew Gabriel

Default Electrical Building Regs Part P

In article ,
"RichardS" noaccess@invalid writes:

Have begun emailing various current affairs programs (R4's PM etc al), my
MP, leaders of opposition parties & jag+2's counterparts, etc, bringing
attention to this issue. Would urge anyone else who feels strongly about
it to do the same - single email may be ignored, but a whole raft of them in
different formats from different people & they start to wonder if there's
any political advantage to be gained in challenging it....

Good luck, but a number of us did this at the consultation stage
and were ignored then. At this point I really don't see it's worth
wasting any time on. I simply cannot see the majority of the 200,000
installation electrical workers who are not part of NICEIC are going
to start handling over £1000/year for no perceived benefit on their
part in the next 6 months, so there is unlikely to be much chance of
getting electrical work done other than by unapproved contractors
from that point on. Existing membership of the trade bodies is very
low, as most of the trade does not seem to like their trade bodies
very much (at least NICEIC, may not be true for ECA).

--
Andrew Gabriel