John

Default Bulbs

They are mains bulbs - but a small capsule type:

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=2981

They are called Halopin. Has anyone experience of them?

This company has a range of fittings under the Halopin tab on the web site:

http://www.loxtonlighting.co.uk/prod...sp?SubRange=48

--

Regards

John

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
John wrote:
SWMBO has seen a light fitting for our lounge. It has 6 40watt halogen
bulbs. They are small bulbs like to ones inside a spotlight. I believe

they
may be Halopin bulbs. They seem costly - any thoughts on the output

compared
to a normal candle bulb. It was hard to judge it in the shop as they had

put
25 watt bulbs in for display.

If the lights are actually mostly shining out, and not much obstructed,
then it'll be similar to a 240W bulb.

As to why they might have replaced the bulbs.
8 hours a day, a 240W light fitting will use around 50 quid of

electricity.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.