BobS

Default Vise jaw problem?

Guy,

You didn't say how thick those jaws were but consider using some dowels to
add some strength to this pieces you add. You could also cut a M&T joint
along the top edges then glue the top pieces on. The M&T joint will give it
strength. May even want to turn that mistake into an enhancement by using a
contrasting hardwood.

Bob S.

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I just screwed up and I am kind of ticked off. What a moron I am and I

don't
even know how I made the mistake. I bought a large front vise from Lee
Valley to put on my workbench. I cut the front and rear jaws, I used the
template that came with the vise to bore all my holes for the guide rods

etc
and I go to put it on my workbench and my holes are drilled in the wrong
place........arrrrgh. I am now short about 1/4" on the top edge of both my
jaws so they are not flush with the top of my bench. Does anyone see any
reason why I couldn't laminate a 1/4" edge to the top edge of both jaws or
would that create a weak spot? It would be a shame to start all over since
it was the nicest pieces of birch I could find in my shop. Regards. -Guy