Tom MacIntyre

Default RCA CTC169

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:32:47 GMT, "PMW" wrote:

I have an 27" RCA CTC169. Only thing on the screen is one vertical line from
the top to the bottom of the screen. I've replaced a diode around the HOT
and checked several capacitors and resistors in the same vicinity that were
suggested in past questions on the sci.electronics website. All appeared to
test good. Have the RCA service manual and an old scope. I tried to match
the scope readings with what was in the manual but couldn't make heads or
tails of them. Probably not worth sending to a repairman to fix. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Something is open in the horizontal deflection section. Check the yoke
horizontal coils for continuity. If it's okay, it's somewhere else in
that section. If it's open, it'll depend on whether this pre-dates the
bonded yokes, and if so, if a yoke can be found anywhere.

It may be worth repairing, as it's a good chassis...other than CRT
replacement (which a bonded open yoke would require).

Tom