Tyke

Default Straight Edge

I think a piece of 8ft angle iron would make a heavy but decent straight
edge.

I bought a great straight edge from http://www.eurekazone.org/ this is not
a single piece but is the best two piece straight edge I have seen. They
also have a sled for accurate placement of the circular saw.

I have used the rough cut with a circular saw and clean up with a straight
edge and router for long lengths and have been very happy with the result.

Dave Paine.

"******" wrote in message
Hi,

I plan on building built in bookcases for my new home. I plan on using a
veneer type plywood available in 4' by 8' sheets. The bookshelves will be
72" in height.

What is the preferred method to make the long cuts? I was thinking a skill
saw for the rough cut then finding an 8 foot straight edge and cleaning

the
edge up with a router.

Anyone have an idea on who makes a ONE PIECE 8 foot straight edge?

Thanks,