Dougie Nisbet

Default NEFF Built-in oven

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:06:26 +0000, usenet wrote:

Rick Hughes wrote:

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
news
I have an old Neff double oven. The big top fan assisted one has stopped
heating up. The light and fan come on, but no heat. Just having a look to
suss out its take-apart-ability with the view of prodding around inside.
Do these things tend to be fixable? Blown element?

Dougie

All Neff parts are available they do a very good mail order service.

... and probably cost almost much as a replacement oven. We had a
Neff double oven (and a Neff hob), it was rubbish. Our *much* cheaper
Creda is a whole lot better.

Yeah - we inherited this Neff when we moved house. I expected great things
because they're such a big posh name, but it's nothing special.

Actually if it is just the element then it may not be all that
expensive and you may be able to get it from a supplier other than
Neff (which will be cheaper).

I'll have a bit of a take it to bits session and see what I find. If it is
the element, will it be obvious? How do I test whether an element is
knacked. Will it fail a continuity test?

Dougie