Mike Mitchell

Default Digging a pit

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:28:30 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mike Mitchell" wrote
| By "on a domestic dwelling" do you mean the garage is attached
| to the dwelling ? If so building control will want to be involved.
| But I don't quite see why the council planning bods would be
| interested, as what could happen just by digging a pit?

Building control, not planning. An inspection pit presents issues of
drainage/sump and flammable liquids or gases building up in the pit as

well
as the obvious ones of trip / fall hazard.

Owain

Also consider a ramp - easier (and probably cheaper) to construct.
Much better access.
No problems with drainage or gas build up.

Only problem is the headroom :-)

Plus, unsightly. Oh, how I miss the wonderful hoists we had in the
Prototypenabteilung at Ford in Cologne!

MM