Jerry Built

Default Staining Knotted pine doors

"N. Thornton" wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
All pine looks more or less dreadful.

=20
And here's me thinking people are mad to paint them. Pine is a
beautiful wood, especially when not stained. Paint isnt. Varnish
doesnt need regular redoing, paint does. Funny the variety our
species has!

You can get "clear" doors from B&Q it or whoever at about double
the cost of knotty pine ones - they do look better (=A340-ish
instead of =A320-ish). If you varnish the door, and then don't
like it, you can always paint it (although you need to apply
knotting appropriately first). Note - in the past, I've been
able to get white gloss off varnished boards using a steam
wallpaper stripper and a filling knife!

J.B.