Anthony James

Default OT Digital Radios

Mike Barnes wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Anthony James wrote:

It's not a Hi-Fi medium but I'd love to have 6Music in my car and kitchen -
Satellite or Freeview is NOT the answer for everyone.

I'd also love to have 6Music in the car. My first thoughts go in the
direction of a pocket DAB receiver and a low-power FM transmitter. But
they'd have to be powered from the car battery to avoid the need for a
trailer-full of AA batteries. Has anyone been down that road, so to
speak?

reception on the pocket DABs has been pretty poor from the reviews i've
seen. I've also read very mixed reports of the FM transmitters (which i
was considering for my iPod), quite apart from which i believe they're
illegal in the UK.