Curly Sue

Default Security Camera question - Your solution is here.

On 7 Aug 2004 11:49:26 -0500, tweaked vvv wrote:

Chuck wrote in
:

Do you have a web link or brand name?
Chuck

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 03:42:54 GMT, "Chip"
wrote:

I had a problem with misguided bratty kids at one time too. Instead of
a tape system, I purchased a camera system that connects to the USB
ports on my computer. It records compressed realtime video to the hard
drive only when motion is sensed. No tapes to change. I have several
months of recorded video on my garage computer at any one time. It was
fairly inexpensive too, especially if you already have a computer.

The system I bought comes with 2 minature black and white, bullet
cameras. You can buy systems with more cameras but I only wanted two.
I think the whole thing (less the computer) was around $300. I've
rcorded things like the gas man checking the meter (he didn't even see
the camera), lightning strikes in the sky (really cool), and the time
of day that all people come and go. I have one camera on my driveway
and another on my front door. When the doorbell rings, I can look at
the image without moving away from my computer, just to see if I want
to answer the door.

Chip

Wireless camera witha wireless card on your computer, motion detector
software just like the other suggestions. Up to 300' they claim. No wires
to run is key. You can use it later to watch for animal birthings, etc. I
used DLink, they have great customer support too.

There are wireless, but not cordless? I.e., they still need an
electrical outlet?

Sue(tm)