volts500

Default Circuit Breakers - Homeline by Square D?

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
I want to change out an HOM 1-pole breaker with an HOMT 1-pole breaker.
(The HOMT is a tandem-type breaker that would add an additional circuit
breaker to accommodate an additional circuit in the single space.)

However,
I cannot get the HOMT breaker to fully seat in the panel.

Is there any trick to getting the tandem breaker to seat? I have examined
the mating surfaces and I cannot see any difference in design that would
prevent full seating. I even tried plenty of force (which usually doesn't
let me down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Depending on the panel model #, some Homeline panels won't accept any tandem
breakers. Other Homeline panels will only accept a limited number of
tandem breakers. For example, if the panel is a 30 space/40 circuit panel,
only the upper 10 slots will accept the tandem breakers. If the panel
accepts tandem breakers you'll will indeed see a difference in the bussbar
where the tandems can be installed. The tandem breakers have a shorter
slot opening than the regular breakers........that's why you can't force
them into a slot designed for a regular breaker.