Oscar_Lives

Default Circuit Breakers - Homeline by Square D?

I want to change out an HOM 1-pole breaker with an HOMT 1-pole breaker.
(The HOMT is a tandem-type breaker that would add an additional circuit
breaker to accommodate an additional circuit in the single space.) However,
I cannot get the HOMT breaker to fully seat in the panel.

Is there any trick to getting the tandem breaker to seat? I have examined
the mating surfaces and I cannot see any difference in design that would
prevent full seating. I even tried plenty of force (which usually doesn't
let me down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

TURTLE

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
I want to change out an HOM 1-pole breaker with an HOMT 1-pole breaker.
(The HOMT is a tandem-type breaker that would add an additional circuit
breaker to accommodate an additional circuit in the single space.) However,
I cannot get the HOMT breaker to fully seat in the panel.

Is there any trick to getting the tandem breaker to seat? I have examined
the mating surfaces and I cannot see any difference in design that would
prevent full seating. I even tried plenty of force (which usually doesn't
let me down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

This is Turtle.

Yea , Awwwww , You are putting the breaker in a spacer slot. Trade the breaker
for the one above it or the one below it and it should slip in there good. Move
it up slot up or down and it should fit.

The only time I really see this is When I put a 2 pole breaker in and will hit
the plastic spacer bar. The reason I say this you can be hitting the plastic
spacer bar even with a single in some cases.

Other than this try a bigger hammer.

TURTLE

---

Paul Franklin

Don't know if it's the same on HOM panels, but on most of the QO
panels, only some of the slots will accept the tandem breakers, I
think to limit the maximum numbers of circuits in the box. Try a
different slot.

HTH,

Paul

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 02:28:44 GMT, "Oscar_Lives"
wrote:

I want to change out an HOM 1-pole breaker with an HOMT 1-pole breaker.
(The HOMT is a tandem-type breaker that would add an additional circuit
breaker to accommodate an additional circuit in the single space.) However,
I cannot get the HOMT breaker to fully seat in the panel.

Is there any trick to getting the tandem breaker to seat? I have examined
the mating surfaces and I cannot see any difference in design that would
prevent full seating. I even tried plenty of force (which usually doesn't
let me down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tekkie

Oscar_Lives posted for all of us....

I want to change out an HOM 1-pole breaker with an HOMT 1-pole breaker.
(The HOMT is a tandem-type breaker that would add an additional circuit
breaker to accommodate an additional circuit in the single space.) However,
I cannot get the HOMT breaker to fully seat in the panel.

Is there any trick to getting the tandem breaker to seat? I have examined
the mating surfaces and I cannot see any difference in design that would
prevent full seating. I even tried plenty of force (which usually doesn't
let me down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

The box may not be set up to accept tandem breakers in every slot. Look
toward the bottom of the panel the slots may look slightly different. This
is usually noted by say 28 position 32 circuit designation or similar
description.
--
Tekkie
TURTLE

"Tekkie" wrote in message
t...
[...]

You may be on to it here for I've run into this several time and I had to move
breakers around to find one that would take the piggy back breaker in a Home
box.

TURTLE

---

Greg

You may be on to it here for I've run into this several time and I had to
move
breakers around to find one that would take the piggy back breaker in a Home
box.

It should be on the label somewhere telling you which slots will take the
tandem. Some panels will not take them at all.

Bill Schnakenberg

Greg wrote:

You may be on to it here for I've run into this several time and I had to
move
breakers around to find one that would take the piggy back breaker in a Home
box.

It should be on the label somewhere telling you which slots will take the
tandem. Some panels will not take them at all.

My Bryant 200 amp panel label indicates the duplex slots by a dashed
line through the slot boxes.
________
| _ _ _ |
|_______ |
TURTLE

"Greg" wrote in message
You may be on to it here for I've run into this several time and I had to
move
breakers around to find one that would take the piggy back breaker in a Home
box.

It should be on the label somewhere telling you which slots will take the
tandem. Some panels will not take them at all.

This is Turtle.

I should have done that but I've been using the theory '' When all else fails -
Read the instructions '' .

TURTLE

---

volts500

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
I want to change out an HOM 1-pole breaker with an HOMT 1-pole breaker.
(The HOMT is a tandem-type breaker that would add an additional circuit
breaker to accommodate an additional circuit in the single space.)

However,
I cannot get the HOMT breaker to fully seat in the panel.

Is there any trick to getting the tandem breaker to seat? I have examined
the mating surfaces and I cannot see any difference in design that would
prevent full seating. I even tried plenty of force (which usually doesn't
let me down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Depending on the panel model #, some Homeline panels won't accept any tandem
breakers. Other Homeline panels will only accept a limited number of
tandem breakers. For example, if the panel is a 30 space/40 circuit panel,
only the upper 10 slots will accept the tandem breakers. If the panel
accepts tandem breakers you'll will indeed see a difference in the bussbar
where the tandems can be installed. The tandem breakers have a shorter
slot opening than the regular breakers........that's why you can't force
them into a slot designed for a regular breaker.

Old electrical wiring to outbuildings Nate Baxley Home Repair 11 July 19th 04 07:53 PM
Lamp killing circuit breakers? Michael Burr Home Repair 9 December 3rd 03 09:31 PM
Simple circuit to hold relay on after input falls John Electronics 11 November 1st 03 02:44 PM
Is it a radial or ring circuit? Paul UK diy 14 September 4th 03 04:48 PM