Andy Dingley

Default OT Digital Radios

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:52:32 +0000, Anthony James
wrote:

as the group is inhabited by a classic unemployeable newsgroup twerp by
the name of Steve who will just tell you that DAB sound quality is
terrible, that you're a fool for buying one and who will rapidly resort
to abuse if you dont "respect his author-a-tay".

Second rule of Usenet: Just because he's a twerp, doesn't mean that
he's actually _wrong_.

DAB sound _is_ terrible. (mine's a Psion flashing krell-pod)

BTW - I have Cloth Ears. Well known for it.

If I play Suzanne Vega on CD or MP3, I can't tell the difference (for
that's what chummy at the Fraunhofer tested it with). But if I play
some local Brissel folk music (drum and bass), I surely can tell them
apart.

Is any broadcast system based on MP3 basically doomed, whatever you do
to the bitrate ? If so, and if the BBC really are talking about
dumping analogue, then what happens to R3 ?

--
Do whales have krillfiles ?