Rich

Default Hot water recirculation

The way that they have it drawn it will work without the pump. Heat
rises and cold falls so all you need to do is bring a return from the
last hot water connection to the water heater drain with an extension,
put a flap type check valve installed at a very slight angle so the flap
hangs open on the return line. Then when you turn the hot water on the
flap closes and you don't pull cooler water into the loop.

I did this in my ranch type house and it worked great, but used energy
as you have a constant loss. But its a trade off for convenience.

Rich

"Jedd Haas" wrote in message
I have been interested in building a new plumbing system with hot water
recirculation. I just found this install guide from Grundfos that has
some
good information (PDF file)

http://www.us.grundfos.com/web/Download.nsf/Pages/D6774D5BEBD2117B8825652200650E2C/$File/Uprec-gd.pdf

--