Charles Packer

Default Steel/iron rod stock: Where to find?

I need steel or iron rod stock of 1/2 to 3/4 inch diameter for
a project this weekend. In case I can't find this at Home Depot
or Lowe's, where should I go? If steel plumbing pipe of these
outside diameters is still sold these days, it would be acceptable.
The essence of my project (it's too complicated to describe further)
is that I'll be fabricating lawn ornaments that will have cores
of this rod. They'll be up to eight feet tall and be driven
into the ground as far as I can pound them.