Maxprop

Default What am I doing wrong?

"Derek Hartzell" wrote in message

You should epoxy the nut into a slightly oversize hole and skip the CA
entirely. Epoxy the hole before putting the nut in and clamp to hold the
nut down. I would guarantee this would work. Epoxy is not as brittle as
CA. From your description, it sounds like you were relying on the CA,

with
a fillet of epoxy just for backup.

That was not exactly my intent, but it probably turned out to be the case
regardless. I was using the CA only for securing the nut into the hole to
enable adding the epoxy. But I really didn't leave enough clearance for
much epoxy, so you could be right.

I re-glued one of my discs last night with 3M 5200 marine caulk, which is a
polyurethane adhesive. I'm optimistic this stuff will do the trick. In
boating we have an axiom: if you *ever* plan on removing a piece of
hardware, do NOT bed it with 5200.

I'll report on my success or lack thereof.

Max