Maxprop

Default What am I doing wrong?

"Arch" wrote in message

If the 1442 was designed for its inboard swing, outboard turning must
have its limits. Depending on what you want to turn, it might not be
worth your while.

The spindle head rotates on its ways, allowing outboard turning. The banjo
includes an extension for turning at roughly 45 degrees from the ways. This
would allow a swing of roughly 20". But it can be turned 90 or 180 degrees
for turning off the front or outboard end, if so desired.

Consider turning a nicely finished hardwood 'donut' to fit over or on
your handwheel, but doesn't cover the spindle hole. I think mine
dresses up the machine. It is a handy hand brake or clutch. I find it
useful as a motorless hand drive for controlled slow or partial
revolutions such as 'back-forth' spot sanding, splatterless liquid
application etc.

What I need is a Stubby with a few Baldor motors sitting around for the
ancillary tasks. :-)

Max