Niall

Default Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:03:53 -0000, "none none" wrote:

One thing worth adding is that here in Scotland we are in a seller's market,
and the system is somewhat different. I expect the sellers to receive at
least 5 or 6 offers for the house (amount of your choice, in sealed
envelopes). The going rate here at the moment is that unless you offer
20-30% ABOVE the valuation price you don't stand a chance. The upside is
that when you come to sell (and the market is similar) it is you who
benefit.

As a system it is crazy. It's supposed to be a "valuation" but you
have to pay as you say considerably more.
Then you have paid a substantial sum for something for which you have
a bit of paper saying it isn't worth that.

Can't last forever.

--
Niall