Arch

Default What am I doing wrong?

Hi Max,
My secret is to never turn the motor on. Actually, I dunno. Maybe
using an oak disc? Maybe using a rough hot dipped galvanized or a rusty
nut? Maybe kind & gentle sanding? Maybe a visitation from... the
Almighty.

If the 1442 was designed for its inboard swing, outboard turning must
have its limits. Depending on what you want to turn, it might not be
worth your while.

Consider turning a nicely finished hardwood 'donut' to fit over or on
your handwheel, but doesn't cover the spindle hole. I think mine
dresses up the machine. It is a handy hand brake or clutch. I find it
useful as a motorless hand drive for controlled slow or partial
revolutions such as 'back-forth' spot sanding, splatterless liquid
application etc.

Arch

Fortiter,