Maxprop

Default What am I doing wrong?

"Ken Moon" wrote in message

Max,
MDF in its native condition is not a good candidate for threading, but if
you flood the threaded area with water thin CA glue and let it soak in, it
does a pretty good job of hardening the MDF. It won't hold like the steel
nut would, but it's not holding anyway.{:-))

I've got something that might work even better than CA: a marine product
called Git-Rot, which is little more than a very watery epoxy which
penetrates into wood amazingly, especially if it's rotted. Of course MDF
isn't rotted, but I did apply some to a chunk once, then cut a section
through it to see how far the stuff had penetrated. Interestingly it had
gone about 5mm into the MDF and the stuff was like a rock to that point.

That said, I still am resistant to threading MDF for the purpose stated.

Max