DCH

Default A few hand plane questions

patriarch wrote in
6:

Richard Clements wrote in
:

patriarch wrote:

"toller" wrote in
:

I bought a few planes and a honing guide at some garage sales
(total expenditure $12), and have been having fun playing with
them; but have some questions.

Hello. My handle is Patriarch. It's been 41 days since I bought a
handplane......

are they consecutive days?

It doesn't matter. I fell off the wagon a few minutes ago, when
ordering 'a few little items' from Lee Valley.

A new low angle smoother, with an additional high angle blade, is on
the way.

Patriarch

First I was planing only on the weekends...with my friends, c'mon one's
not gonna kill ya, then I started planing during the week...then later on
I would find myself planing alone, I tried to tell myself that I could
stop anytime I wanted....I was still in control or so I thought...then
came the others...jacks jointers scrubs, anywhere I could find them, I
bought, and bought and bought, I was hiding them from my family, I could
hear them whispering, knowing I was different...that I had a "problem" I
told them they were crazy, I was just fine, leave me alone I am just
fine....

Sure is a slippery slope...but i am much better now...

DCH