CW

Default A few hand plane questions

A typical hair is .001 to .002 thick. A plane will bend more than that in
use.

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message news:jH5Qc.3401
I haven't seen that article, but it does sound a bit ridiculous to me. You
do need the sole to be flat, but talking about hair's widths is going a

bit
overboard, IMO. There are several woodworkers out there with immensely

more
experience than I have that say similar things about not needing it to be
perfect. There are critical areas that DO affect performance more than
others, however, so you have to keep that in mind (just in front of the
mouth, for example).

The other post with the links should give you some good ideas, especially
the first one.

Mike