N. Thornton

Default Drum seized, back welded

"James Sweet" wrote in message news:6SYMb.42737$Rc4.167695@attbi_s54...
"N. Thornton" wrote in message

Washing machine drum has seized solid, no movement at all.
Unfortunately the outer casing back is welded in place, not
unscrewable, making drum removal practically impossible as far as I
can see. Theres a 7" or so porthole in the back where the drum main
bearing is.

I had a hell of a time figuring this out, but the whole entire top/front
comes off my mom's washer, it's a top loader but you may find yours has a
similar setup, it was not at all intuitive as I was experienced with the
type where the back comes off.

OK thanks for the ideas everyone, I'll do another exam and see what
options there are first.

Cheers, NT