George

Default What am I doing wrong?

Your outboard rest is a piece of wood at right angles to one fastened to the
table, I should think. Not as if you'll put a bunch of stress on it. Sure
glad I saved those appliance motors when I did. Everything is powered, even
my strop!

Never had a handwheel, what is it useful for that a wrench on the shaft
flats or nut wouldn't do?

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"George" george@least wrote in message
Now why wouldn't you get a LH faceplate for the other end of the spindle

if
you're going for convenience? Seems to me dismounting, installing and
remounting would get to be aggravating. As no one else has mentioned

this,
I wonder if I missed something in the concept.

My lathe has a handwheel on the LH end of the spindle. Frankly I haven't
investigated the possibility of your suggestion, but I'd still have to

come
up with some sort of outboard tool rest, and that would seem to complicate
things even more than troubleshooting the original idea.