John Orrett

Default Wiring in a whirlpool bath

Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:
On 2004-08-04, John Orrett wrote:
Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:
On 2004-08-03, John Orrett wrote:
Hi all; my missus wants a new bathroom suite, and we are (sorry -
she is) looking at a whirlpool spa type thingy bath. I'm just
wondering about the electricity needed for the pump. The nearest
electricity is next door in my daughter's bedroom through a normal
plug socket. The spec says that it must be protected by a fuse
switch (30 mA) by a 31A or 16A fuse. Furthermore, this circuit must
contain a dual-pole circuit breaker with a contact aperture of at
least 3-mm. The potential equiliser (at least mm squared) is to be
connected to the motor plate.
At this last bit, all I saw was white noise :-). Our local friendly
plumber will hook up the power to the pump but won't fix the
wiring. Question is - is it OK to feed this out of a normal plug
socket or does it need something meatier? I'll be getting a local
spark in to do the job needless to say!
Thanks
John

John, - Saninova bath by Maax?

Exactly !!

Bloody marvellous bit of kit. Got ours from Plumbworld (the P shaped
shower bath with curved glass screen) and it's fantastic. So light
and seems very strong - plus the kit is all pre-installed

Hi Dan - forgot to ask. I saw that in our local Taskers DIY store, but there
did not appear to be any sealing between the curved shower screen and the
bath. No rubber strip or anything. Is that standard, and I presume if there
isn't, it doesn't leak everywhere?
Thanks,
John