Dan delaMare-Lyon

Default Wiring in a whirlpool bath

On 2004-08-04, John Orrett wrote:
Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:
On 2004-08-03, John Orrett wrote:
Hi all; my missus wants a new bathroom suite, and we are (sorry -
she is) looking at a whirlpool spa type thingy bath. I'm just
wondering about the electricity needed for the pump. The nearest
electricity is next door in my daughter's bedroom through a normal
plug socket. The spec says that it must be protected by a fuse
switch (30 mA) by a 31A or 16A fuse. Furthermore, this circuit must
contain a dual-pole circuit breaker with a contact aperture of at
least 3-mm. The potential equiliser (at least mm squared) is to be
connected to the motor plate.
At this last bit, all I saw was white noise :-). Our local friendly
plumber will hook up the power to the pump but won't fix the wiring.
Question is - is it OK to feed this out of a normal plug socket or
does it need something meatier? I'll be getting a local spark in to
do the job needless to say!
Thanks
John

John, - Saninova bath by Maax?

Exactly !!

Bloody marvellous bit of kit. Got ours from Plumbworld (the P shaped
shower bath with curved glass screen) and it's fantastic. So light
and seems very strong - plus the kit is all pre-installed

Thanks for that Dan. We still have our shower (we actually want to upgrade
to a power shower) as I like a shower wheras my missus likes a bath. Someone
has recommended a decent spark, although he's on holiday at the moment. He
should be able to sort things out. I have warned my good lady that there may
be plastering/redecorating required :-)

Hmmmm - not sure about showers anymore - they seem to fall into 2
categories. 1 - fine water jet that goes all over the place and is
either too cold or red hot - or 2 - far too much water all over the
place either too hot or too cold. Our plumber suggested an Aqualisa
(sp?) but I wasn't convinved - thus we went for taps on the wall - a
shower off the tap supply - and will add a pump later when we can be
bothered. Wife and I are both soak in the bath types and the shower
is more for washing hair and the odd visitor - so if we don't get
round to the pump - it's not really a problem ;-)

I just wanted the space a shower bath gives as I'm a lanky bugger and
most normal shape/size baths you can't soak in when you are ~6ft 5

Best of luck with it - and yes decorating will be required. I'm
currently tiling. All I can say is "BLOODY MOSAIC TILES - never
again"

Cheers
Dan.