George

Default What am I doing wrong?

Now why wouldn't you get a LH faceplate for the other end of the spindle if
you're going for convenience? Seems to me dismounting, installing and
remounting would get to be aggravating. As no one else has mentioned this,
I wonder if I missed something in the concept.

My choice is the implied 5 -faceplate, though if you're a sandpaper type,
you can use any flat substrate in a stationary mode to adhere your paper and
move the tool. I believe the advocates of same call it scary sharp. Then
there's the Frank Pain method of stone and rest, where, once again you may
substitute a piece of paper on substrate, holding the tool steady and moving
the paper "stone."

3 is workable, because the material will now share any starting shock,
rather than just the adhesive.

4 seems a bit ambitious for a material like MDF.

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
. ..

3. encase the nut in wood and hold the wood surround to the disk with wood
screws - this is probably the most time consuming but requires the lowest

$$
outlay.

4. forget the stupid nut, drill and tap the wood directly. this will hold
up for a while, when it eventually strips, make a new one.