Ian Middleton

Default Plumbing shock

"iamaran" wrote in message
. 222.120...

let us know the outcome. I think we'd all be intersted to hear if they
pay for hte survey, and if so, the results.
Thanks!

I sure will.
Thanks everyone.

A friend of mine had a similar problem with his bath waste plumbing. Had
problems with his bath emptying excessively slowly, so he filled the bath
and prodded with a drain unblocker and woosh plug unblocked, wonderful.
Suddenly noticed rather a lot of water seeping out from under bath panel.

Anyway removed panel and found a solvent weld joint had never been solvent
welded and prodding it forced it apart. This was in 1990 and bath had been
installed in 1974, according to the invoices and other dated rubbish under
the bath. The helpful plumber had obviously noticed that there was leaking
under the bath and had helpfully installed a pile of folded up card where
the joint had been leaking to soak up the drips !!!.