Dave Plowman

Default Crap soundproofing in new house (recourse to law ?)

In article ,
derek wrote:
In my experience they don't. It's easier and more effective to stop
unwanted sound being created in the first place. Hence the
proliferation of SILENCE notices and red lights outside studios.

So you stop the traffic and the planes?

I can't recall much of a problem with either over a couple of decades
of "Last Night of the Proms", or any sound OB's for that matter. But I
suppose these factors must influence the choice of places where
studios are built. Good micophones in the right place are the essence
of good sound.

Well, those aren't studios, and a concert hall should be built with the
purpose of keeping both extraneous noise out and the noise from it in.

The point I wanted to make is that "The BBC" doesn't have a solution
to extraneous noise nuisance that can be readily cut/pasted into a
situation of a noise problem in a flimsy new domestic house.

They have/had the solution for how to build a 'quiet' studio, although
they seem to have forgotten how given the White City news complex.

But the rules of sound proofing don't change, which is what I'd guess
what NT meant. There is no magic paint or wallpaper that will help.

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn