derek

Default Crap soundproofing in new house (recourse to law ?)

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:16:03 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
derek wrote:
Look up how the BBC do it.

In my experience they don't. It's easier and more effective to stop
unwanted sound being created in the first place. Hence the
proliferation of SILENCE notices and red lights outside studios.

So you stop the traffic and the planes?

I can't recall much of a problem with either over a couple of decades
of "Last Night of the Proms", or any sound OB's for that matter. But I
suppose these factors must influence the choice of places where
studios are built. Good micophones in the right place are the essence
of good sound.

The point I wanted to make is that "The BBC" doesn't have a solution
to extraneous noise nuisance that can be readily cut/pasted into a
situation of a noise problem in a flimsy new domestic house.

DG