Conrad Edwards

Default Plumbing shock

iamaran wrote in message .1.4...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
iamaran wrote:
Having briefly seen the copper pipe (in two parts) it
just seemed to have been pushed together without any joining material.
But I am no expert.

Not trying to be clever, but are you sure it is copper? Early push fit
stuff was often copper coloured...

Could well have been something else copper-coloured.
Does it make a difference to their explanation?

How much hassle would it be to get your own surveyor in to have a
proper look...
they might have to lift floor boards to see what possible damage there
has been, or maybe even cctv like they do in drains?

I wouldn't trust the opinions of the Company people because they have
a vested interest in fobbing you off....if this was only a few days
problem then ok, but not for months.

How much crawl space is there?...just a few inches or do you have an
access hatch?

Personally my worry would be on two parts...
1) all that water could easily find its way onto supporting brickwork
and then into your timber.
2) the food particles will lie on top, rot, and as said before
increase the chances of some creepy little things coming to have a
holiday with you.