James Sweet

Default There are lots of PDF Service Manuals available at...

"Chaos Master" wrote in message
t...
FATAL: panic at John Miller, line 666, address :
Norm Dresner wrote:
Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- who plays "music" on my sound card

without
my permission has ever gotten my business.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds "involuntary" music pretty
annoying. (And before anyone jumps to conclusions, it's because I

*like*
music, rather than the opposite.)

The same here. I am usually listening to MP3 or music CD's, and I have

total
control. I want to stop my MP3/CD player? good, click on the icon, select
'STOP'. But a site/program that has music in the background or uses too

much
sounds... almost makes me fall on the floor (just imagine being on a

silent
place and someone comes screaming) [1].

[1] This remembers me of a thing I had when I used the ICQ instant
messaging program... it has an alarm sound which sounds like a strong

siren.
Scares the hell out of someone - this fancy stuff made me give up on ICQ

and
return to MSN Messenger :/

I'm the exact same way, I *hate* it when music/sounds start playing on a
website, usually I just close it right then and there, often I've left the
volume way up from listening to my own music earlier and it scares the crap
out of me when sounds play.

MSN messenger comes with sounds enabled by default as well, thankfully with
both of them the sounds are easily disabled/replaced.