Dave Plowman (News)

Default Plumbing shock

In article . 121,
iamaran wrote:
By the way it is a 1930s house, and the outflow pipe is copper, though
the new u-bend etc in the kitchen are plastic.

That's why I was questioning what your latest plumber has said - it sounds
like he was trying to blame the existing waste. Copper isn't welded but
soldered - and is *very* unlikely to pull apart. But the stuff they used -
almost certainly push fit - can and will if it's badly done.

I'd also question how they coupled plastic to the copper - that's the
likely weak point.

--
*I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.