John Rumm

Default Plumbing shock

iamaran wrote:

Straight down is the answer. Yes, there are floorboards with a smallish
gap underneath. Not a huge amount of water down there; it seems to have
been draining away pretty well.

It may be that the "floor" under the boards is in fact just soil. Had it
have been a concrete slab you would expect to see plenty of water laying
about. If it is soil then to all intents and purposes you have been
using your kitchen sub floor as a soakaway!

Now it's sunk in a little I'm a bit concerned about the health aspects
for our little 'un.

Since you are not coming into contact with the water, the risks should
be small. Having said that, the risks of damage to the property would
seem to be greater. I am supprised it had not managed to soak into the
back of a kitchen unit either (normal kitchen units tend to take on the
structural integrity of a damp wheetabix when they get wet!)

--
Cheers,

John.